After posting the other day I decided to try an experiment. What if I stitched just 3 needles worth of floss on a few UFOs every day? Would that make a dent in the ever-increasing pile of unfinished projects? Would it maybe break my stitcher’s slump?
The slump is still here. But I have made a little progress!
You can see a little bit of progress on the wave and fish, and the plant on the right. Better than no progress!
Even Paul Revere got some stitching done on him!
This one had a little frogging done on it, but you can still see a little progress.
I made a little headway on Emmanuel’s song — very little. I’m signing off here and getting that one out next.
In case what I am doing isn’t clear:
Today on Heartland, I did one needle of Country Redwood, one of Endive, and one of Picket Fence. I used them up completely, except for Country Redwood (I ran out of things in this section that needed it. I stitched the flag today.) Then I waxed and threaded needles for tomorrow — Endive, Picket Fence, and Soot. It’s ready to go as soon as I can get to it.
Today on Quaker, I did one needle of aqua, one of green, and one of purple silk. Then I threaded another aqua, another green, and I have a pink ready to go. I stick the needles in the fleece that I use to make my q-snaps tighter.
I hope this helps someone who may be in a slump someday. It is working for me so far, but we know everyone is different.