I started Beach-y Mood and finished it. I took this picture yesterday morning. I finished it this afternoon but a slight tragedy struck. One of the sand dollar buttons cracked, as JABCO buttons are wont to do. So I had to glue it. Once it is dried and set I will get a finished picture.
This was so much fun to stitch. There were 47 colors involved, all DMC. I stitched it on watercress Jobelan, 28 count. I think it would look nice in a white frame. 🙂 The only change I made was changing the color of the “A” — it exactly matched the fabric. So I got out my DMC floss color card and just went a shade or two off from the designer’s choice.
I saw this stitched as a shop model on a tan colored fabric and thought it was so nice. I was going to do mine the same, but once I did a floss toss on the Watercress Jobelan, I was convinced I needed to use that instead.
I finished page 1 of the Heartland Sampler and started page 4 when frustration took over and I had to set it aside. Even though I am using thread conditioner, the threads keep shredding. And, I don’t think the coverage is very good with the black floss. I have used DMC on 40-count before with no trouble and NO thread conditioner. This is all Gentle Arts Sampler Threads. I am going to try beeswax next, since I have it. Otherwise, this is destined to become a UFO or get re-started on a different fabric. 😦
I haven’t trimmed all my waste knots yet. They are the wonky things in the photo.
I haven’t decided whether to start something new next or work on some WIPs. I have an Excel file with all my stash and I will
stare at study it for a while. I will have to explain my Excel file some day as it is nice to have all my floss, fabric, charts, works in progress, etc. in one easy-to-use place.