Works in Progress

I finished Give Thanks on June 6th, so it only took 5 days to stitch.  I stuck it in the Cross Stitch Graveyard and promptly forgot to take a photo.  I will drag it back out for one soon.

Then I had a bad week.  I had a severe flare of arthritis, with nearly every joint in my body hurting (minus ankles and toes this time.)  When this happens, I also run a fever.  So on a 90+ degree day, I had a scarf on my head, a lightweight winter jacket on, and was under a blanket.  No stitching could possibly get done with my fingers all swollen.

Post recovery, I made my youngest son a couple of pairs of pajamas.  Prior to the flare, I also made more zipper bags, which are holding my stitching supplies for the project stuck in the matching project envelope.

I started an old pattern that I have had for a very long time — Plant Kindness by Little House Needleworks — on a piece of 14 count Aida.  It will work better for the finish I have in mind.  I may just set it aside, though, and let it become my Arthritis Recovery project.  This is what I managed to do post-flare:

DSCN5349
Plant Kindness, in progress

Then once I was feeling better, I brought out Beekeeper’s Cottage, which was supposed to be my “car project” and was shocked to find that I had only done the stars and the moon.  Was that really all I could do on a trip to Daytona Beach?  Ugh.  I have been working on it a little since.

DSCN5353
Beekeeper’s Cottage, in progress

There is an oops in the flower row.  Since this is a kit with silk thread, I will wait until I am finished to see if I have enough silk to fix it.  I may have a piece of matching silk in my silk collection (which is mostly leftovers from kits.)

I snapped a picture of Cardinal Points while I had the camera out.  Not my favorite, as stated previously.

DSCN5342
Cardinal Points, in progress

My photo makes it look brightly colored, but believe me, it is very dull.

This is Humminpatches, barely started, and a lousy picture too.  I love the fabric.  Again, a bad picture.  It was thundering and very dark while I took it.  The fabric is a light purple with aqua.

DSCN5344
Humminpatches, in progress

After all that thunder, no rain.  😦

And lastly, Hannah Jackson, a reproduction sampler.

DSCN5340
Hannah Jackson sampler, in progress

Sampler of Psalms hasn’t changed at all since the last photo.

That’s all that is new (and old.)  Hopefully your stitching has been more productive than mine!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s